- Jennifer Thew, RN, February 13, 2018
From bundled payment models to uncompensated care, here are developments in the reimbursement realm to keep nurse leaders informed.
- Jennifer Thew, RN, February 1, 2018
Changes to Cincinnati Children's Hospital's nursing management structure led to increased professional development opportunities and greater interest in nursing management positions.
- Jennifer Thew, RN, January 30, 2018
Despite evidence that advanced practice registered nurses improve outcomes and access to care, the American Medical Association calls for strategic opposition to APRN independent practice.
- Jennifer Thew, RN, January 23, 2018
Shortened lifespans and risk of death from cardiovascular disease in night-shift workers have been linked to lack of sleep.
- Jennifer Thew, RN, January 9, 2018
Connecting with staff on a personal level is key to nurse manager success.
- Jennifer Thew, RN, January 2, 2018
Empire State becomes first in the nation to require that nurses obtain a bachelor's degree.
- Jennifer Thew, RN, November 28, 2017
Stress manifests among nurses in various forms and can affect patient outcomes. Fortunately, leaders can implement solutions to help reduce this pervasive problem.
- Jennifer Thew, RN, October 17, 2017
Recommendations from the National Academy of Medicine may not be met this decade, but progress has been made toward achieving higher levels of nursing education.
- Jennifer Thew, RN, December 5, 2017
Despite a request to be classified as advanced practice registered nurses, the Office of Management and Budget once again categorizes clinical nurse specialists as general RNs.
- Jennifer Thew, RN, December 19, 2017
An annual review on popular nursing topics of 2017, including readmissions, burnout, and the use of APRNs.